TestCon Europe 2020
Vilnius or Online
Dyson, United Kingdom
Jorge Marín is an engineer passionate about robotics, automation, statistics and mountains. With a degree on Telecommunications Engineering he tried to help drones to navigate indoors where GPS position is not available or inaccurate.
Got dragged to “the cloud” afterwards and has been working since then automating the hell of anything he touches. Currently he is taking over Dyson’s testing strategy for cloud services and roaming the world as a tech conference speaker.
Testing in Production: Ideas, Experiences, Limits, Roadblocks
Are you afraid of testing in production? Do you test in production? Do you use real data? By definition testing in production is hard. This talk puts together Jorge`s experience testing in production a large scale system that affects millions of users. Experience, ideas, limits, roadblocks, tips and more.
This talk will answer questions like:
* What kind of tests can we safely perform against production systems?
* How to avoid disrupting real users?
* How to keep your tests out of statistics reports?
* How to interact with internal services?
* Should you clean after yourself? What if you don’t?
(already delivered twice at other conferences).